Methods to determine if Intel® RST is managing a RAID or Intel® Optane™ memory volume is in the system.
- Purchased a new system and need to know if the storage system is being managed by Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) for either RAID or Intel® Optane™ memory volumes.
- Need to know if the Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application can be uninstalled.
- Press Windows Key + X.
- Once the menu is up, press the M key to open the Device Manager.
- Click Disk drives to expand the list.
- Refer to the figures below. If you see a similar outcome as the figures below, the Intel® RST driver is being used to manage a RAID volume or an Intel® Optane™ memory volume.
|A RAID 1 volume is enabled (multiple drives combined to look like one).
|An Intel® Optane™ memory device is active and combined with another storage drive to look like one Intel® Optane volume.
|Don't see the same as in the figures above?
|If Intel® RST is not currently in use, the Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application can be uninstalled.