Automatic System Support Detection
Use the Intel® Driver and Support Assistant (IDSA) to quickly automatically detect if your system is ready for Intel® Arc™ discrete graphics.
Download the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.
Supported Hardware Configurations
Resizable BAR must be enabled for optimal performance in all applications using Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics. Initial support includes the following Intel®-based systems. Support for more platforms will be added at a later time.
| || |
| || |
Additional platforms/motherboards with Resizable BAR / Smart Access Memory enabled may also support Intel® Arc™ A-Series graphics.
Operating System Requirements
- Windows® 10 64-bit 20H2 or newer
- Windows 11* 64-bit
- Confirm the Operating System is using the GPT partition type:
- For Windows 11, this mode is configured by default.
- For Windows 10, the partition type can be converted if installed with a MBR partition type.
- Refer to the Microsoft Tool & Guide for more information.
- Full-size PCI Express 3.0 (or newer) x16 slot
- Resizable (Re-Size) BAR
Steps to Enable Resizable BAR:
- Enter the system’s BIOS/UEFI firmware configuration menu by pressing the DEL key during system start up. This may vary between each system manufacturer, please check with your system manufacturer for specific instructions as necessary.
- Compatibility Support Module (CSM) must be disabled and UEFI boot mode must be Enabled.
- Ensure the following settings are set to Enabled (or Auto if the Enabled option is not present):
- Above 4G Decoding
- Re-Size BAR Support
The Resizable BAR option may be described as Re-Size BAR, Smart Access Memory, or Clever Access Memory. Contact the system manufacturer for specific details.
Use your system’s latest motherboard firmware supporting Resizable BAR.
Refer to your system manufacturer's support page for further details.
Q: My system/motherboard manufacturer has provided a firmware update enabling support for Resizable BAR, but I still cannot see the Resizable BAR option!
A: For some systems, you may need to first enable ‘Above 4G decoding’, save the configuration, and restart, before the Resizable BAR option will be shown.
Q: I am on a 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Processor. Does my motherboard support Resizable BAR?
A: Support for resizable BAR on 10th Gen platforms will vary. Please contact your system/motherboard manufacturer for specific support.
Q: Why do I need to enable Resizable BAR?
A: Resizable BAR must be enabled for optimal performance in all applications using Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics.
Q: Do I need to update the firmware on my Intel® Arc™ A-Series graphics card?
A: No, the graphics card will not require a firmware update. However, if using a 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Processor based system, a firmware update for your system platform/motherboard will be required. The latest graphics driver is always recommended, please visit support.Intel.com for the latest graphics driver.
Q: How do I check if Resizable BAR has been enabled once I’ve installed my new Intel® Arc™ A-Series graphics card?
A: You can use Intel® Arc™ Control or the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Tool.
Q: Is my Operating System boot mode is configured correctly for Intel® Arc A-Series Graphics?
A: Ensure the operating system is using the UEFI boot mode & GPT partition style. For Windows, it is possible to switch firmware modes using the MBR2GPT tool. Compatibility Support Module (CSM) must be disabled and UEFI boot mode must be enabled.