Steps to update the Intel® NUC's BIOS before operating system (OS) loads
How to update the Intel BIOS using the .Bio OS Independent F7 menu.
|Note||The latest BIOS update files for Intel® NUC products are available on Download Center.|
The F7 BIOS update option allows you to update the system BIOS during the boot process and before the operating system loads.
- Download and save the Recovery BIOS (.BIO) file to a USB device. Ensure that the USB device's file format is .FAT32. Example:
- Plug the USB device into a USB port of the target computer.
- Start the Intel NUC.
- During boot, when the F7 prompt is displayed, press F7 to enter the BIOS Flash Update tool.
- Select the USB device and press Enter
- Select the .bio file and press Enter
- Confirm you want to update the BIOS by pressing Enter.
- Wait 2–5 minutes for the update to complete.
- When the BIOS update is complete, the computer will boot back into Windows.
After any BIOS update, Intel recommends the following steps:
- Press F2 during start to enter BIOS Setup.
- Press F9 to set BIOS default values.
- Customize any BIOS settings, if desired (optional).
- Press F10 to save and exit BIOS Setup.
For other methods on updating the Intel NUC BIOS with Visual BIOS, navigate to, BIOS Update and Recovery Instructions for Intel® NUC with Visual BIOS.
To update the Intel NUC BIOS with the Aptio® V UEFI Firmware Core, navigate to, BIOS Update and Recovery Instructions for Intel® NUCs with the Aptio® V UEFI Firmware Core.