Steps to recover the Intel® Graphics Control Panel after installing it from the Microsoft Store.
After downloading the Intel® Graphics Control Panel from the Microsoft Store and launching it from the Start menu, the application does not open and no error messages appears.
- Open Apps and Features.
- Press on the Windows key on your keyboard and type Apps and Features.
- Scroll down and locate and uninstall the Intel® Graphics Control Panel and Intel® Graphics Driver.
- Restart the computer.
- Open the Device Manager
- Press on the Windows key on your keyboard and type Device Manager.
- Click Display Adapters.
- Right-click the Intel® Graphics Device and click Update Driver.
Note If no previous driver is found the device appears as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Windows Update will automatically search for, download, and install the latest graphics driver validated for your computer.
If the issue persists, contact Intel Support.
The Intel Graphics Control Panel is automatically installed with the graphics drivers labeled as 15.45.xx.xxxx, 15.40.xx.xxxx, 15.36.xx.xxxx, and 15.33.xx.xxxx. Do not install the Intel Graphics Control Panel from the Microsoft Store when using these drivers. Installing the Intel Graphics Control Panel while using these drivers will result in two instances of the Intel Graphics Control Panel and will cause the issue above.
For systems with newer drivers: the Intel Graphics Control Panel has been discontinued and has been replaced with the Intel Graphics Command Center. See How to Install the Intel® Graphics Command Center for installation instructions.
Don't know your Intel Graphics driver version? See What's My Intel® Graphics Driver Version?.