Explanation and how to fix an issue of a loud fan installed in a built-in system with Intel processors
The fan installed in the built-in system is making loud noises.
Follow the steps listed below as they might resolve the issue:
- Check if any software is running in the background that you are unaware of.
- Using Task Manager, check programs running under Processes tab and check CPU usage percentage.
- Click the program and click End task.
- Check for overheating issues. Refer to troubleshooting tips for overheating.
- Check for CPU fan control configuration menu in BIOS, and check to make sure settings are correct for the desired acoustic behavior.
- Clean the fan if dust is present.
- Place the fan heatsink properly. If not installed correctly, the fan will run most likely at the maximum speed.
- Check the Thermal Interface Material (TIM) for visible degradation or contamination. Note that some materials cannot be re-used once disassembled.