Steps to remove existing partitions in the Intel® SSD and create a new primary partition using the Diskpart utility
Unable to use my SSD. Cannot access the drive.
Diskpart is a Windows* CLI utility that can be used to manage the storage devices. To clean the drive and create a new primary partition, follow the steps below:
- Open the Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Run the command diskpart
- Run the command list disk to see all storage devices currently connected and recognized in the system.
- Run the command select disk <index_number> to select the desired drive. Use the index number associated to the drive, for example select disk 2.
- Run the command clean all to remove the partitions and data from the drive.
- Run the command create partition primary to create a partition of the full size of the drive.
- Run the command format override fs=NTFS label=<partition_label> to set the file system and volume label. Use the label of your preference for the volume.
- Run the command list volume to see all volumes in the available storage devices.
- Run the command select volume <index_number> to select the newly labeled volume. Use the index number associated to the proper volume, for example select volume 3.
- Run the command assign letter=<volume_letter> to assign a new letter to the volume. Use the letter of your preference for the volume, for example assign letter=D.
- Run one more time the command list volume to see the new letter assigned to the new volume.