Three options for installing the Management Engine Driver to resolve an error on the PCI Simple Communications Controller.
Microsoft Device Manager is showing a yellow bang next to "PCI Simple Communications Controller". This is seen most often after re-installing your Operating System.
Yellow bang on the PCI Simple Communications Controller is caused by a missing or corrupted Management Engine driver.
Ensure computer has an Internet connection.
- Open Device Manager
- Click Action in the tool bar
- Click Scan for Hardware Changes (this can take several minutes)
- This will force the operating system to install drivers that have been included with your operating system.
- Download and run the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant
- This utility will scan your system and recommend drivers for devices it identifies in your system.
- If using Microsoft Windows 10* (64-bit), download and install Intel® Management Engine Consumer Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit for Intel® NUC.
If none of these options resolve the issue, contact your computer's manufacturer for the necessary driver designed for your hardware.