Quick steps to install the Visual Studio* add-ins in Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) SDK for Windows* package
- Installed the Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) SDK for Windows*
- Visual Studio* integration failed
- Cannot find the SGX Debugger in Visual Studio
The Intel SGX Installation Guide for Windows OS states:
The add-in and wizard for Microsoft Visual Studio* 2017 IDE or Microsoft Visual Studio* 2019 IDE are also provided separately with vsix as extension name. If it unfortunately fails to install the add-in or wizard, double-click the corresponding vsix files to install them manually.
Follow these steps to find and install the .vsix files for the add-ins:
- Rename Intel(R)_SGX_Windows_SDK_188.8.131.52.exe to Intel(R)_SGX_Windows_SDK_184.108.40.206.zip.
- Double-click the .zip file and navigate to the installs subdirectory where you will find the .vsix files.
- Extract the .vsix files.
- Double-click SEWizardVS2019.vsix. Click Next if necessary.
- Double-click SEConfigureVS2019.vsix. Click Next if necessary.
- Change the extension of the .zip file back to .exe and install the SDK as usual.