- Until recently, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) was not allowed in Russia.
- The Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications of Russia issued Order N321, dated July 6th 2020, to legalize the 802.11ax standard.
- The new requirements came into effect on 18-Aug-2020
- Existing Wi-Fi 6 products (AX200 and AX201) will update to a Russian certificate with Wi-Fi 6 enabled.
- 11ax will be disabled by default for Russia, but customers will be able to enable Wi-Fi 6 by toggling new BIOS settings.
- New upcoming Wireless adapters (AX210 and later) will be certified accordingly with Wi-Fi 6 enabled by default for Russia.
For current Wi-Fi 6 adapters (AX200 and AX201) customers will have to:
- Update the Wireless driver including the related FW changes.
- Update the BIOS provided by the system manufacturer.
- Enable Wi-Fi 6 in BIOS (check the exact feature name with your system manufacturer).
- For Windows 10 the firmware update will be included with driver version 22.40
- For Chrome OS*/Linux* the FW update will be available mid-April 2021