Explains configuration of email alert notification feature in Intel® VROC.
Unable to configure email alert notifications with Intel® VROC.
Intel® VROC supports the email notification feature that allows the user to configure the platform to send alert/notification emails for each storage subsystem that gets reported by the Intel® VROC monitoring service.
The Intel® VROC user application provides the interface for enabling/disabling and configuring the email notification feature. You can choose to receive storage system notifications by email by configuring your server and email settings. In addition, you can select the types of notifications that will be sent to you as soon as they are reported. The default setting in the user application is disabled.
Enabling email notifications
- In the menu bar, click Preferences and then click Email in the left pane.
- In the right pane, select Enable email notification.
- Select the types of notifications you want to receive.
- Provide the required configuration information based on the table provided below.
- Recommended step: Click Send a test email to make sure that the configuration information you entered is correct.
- Once the test is reported as successful in the Test Email Configuration dialog box, click OK to close the dialog.
- Verify that a test email has been delivered to the recipient email address you provided.
- If the test reports that a sever connection cannot be established, the SMTP Host name you entered may be incorrect. Contact your email provider for more information.
- Click Apply Changes.
Configuring email settings
|SMTP Host||The server name you connect to in order to send and receive emails. If you are not sure, your email provider should provide you with this information.|
|Port||The TCP port number used for relaying outbound mail to a mail server. Typically, port 25 is used for SMTP servers.|
|Sender email address||The email address that will display in the From field of your email notification.|
|Recipient email address||The email address where the notification will be sent. You can provide up to three email addresses, but only one is required.|
Disabling email notifications
- In the menu bar, click Preferences, and then click Email in the left pane.
- Deselect Enable email notification.
- Click Apply Changes. Notice that the configuration settings previously entered are preserved, but grayed out. If you decide to re-enable email notifications, you will be able to use that information or update it.