Solution for how to install Intel® Graphics Driver 22.214.171.12441 or newer drivers when receiving Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) installation errors.
When installing the Intel graphics driver, the following message appears:
"Your system has a driver that is locked to manufacturer specification. Please try downloading the latest driver from the manufacturer's website to update. Exit code 1".
The steps below will remove Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customizations for your platform. If your OEM doesn't have an available DCH driver, Windows Update will most likely not install any customizations after you upgrade to driver 126.96.36.19941 or newer.
If you experience any issues such as flickering, blue screen (BSOD), timeout, detection, and recovery (TDR) failure, etc., reinstall the latest OEM driver for your platform.
If you receive an OEM error when installing graphics driver 188.8.131.5241 or newer, follow these instructions:
- Verify that your system has a supported processor generation such as a 6th Generation Intel Processor or higher. To confirm your processor generation, see how to identify your processor here.
- Verify that your system has a supported operating system (OS) version. This driver supports Windows 10, 64-bit, version 1709 (also known as "Redstone 3") or higher. To confirm your OS version, see how to identify your OS here.
- Download the appropriate driver for your system from the appropriate link below:
• Integrated graphics with the 6th generation to 10th generation Intel® Processors
• Intel® Arc™ discrete graphics and/or integrated graphics with the 11th generation or newer generation Intel® Processors
• Intel® Arc™ Pro discrete graphics
- Disconnect the internet connection so Windows Update won't automatically reinstall a previous OEM driver.
- Run the downloaded .exe file.
- During the installation process, when you reach the Install stage, click the Customize button
- Make sure not to enable the Execute a clean installation check box.
- After finishing the driver installation, click the Optional reboot button.
- Select the Windows Start icon and click the Settings Gear icon to navigate to Update and Security.
- Select Windows Update and click Check for updates in case there are OEM customizations to reinstall.
Intel Graphics DCH Drivers are unlocked to upgrade freely between Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) drivers and the Intel Generic Graphics Drivers on Download Center starting with driver 184.108.40.20641.