Steps to retrieve the SMART attributes from the Intel® Memory and Storage Tool (Intel® MAS) Graphic User Interface (GUI) and CLI
What Intel tools are available to retrieve SMART logs from Intel® SSDs?
Intel® Memory and Storage Tool GUI
- Download the Intel® Memory and Storage Tool GUI.
- Select the SMART option on the left panel.
- Select the drive in the drop down at the top right.
- The SMART attributes will be displayed in the tool's window. To export the information click the Blue Export button .
Intel® Memory and Storage Tool CLI (Command-Line Interface)
Download and Install the Intel® Memory and Storage Tool CLI (Command-Line Interface)
- Open the operating system command line interface:
[Windows*] Open Command Prompt as Administrator
Click Windows Start
Type Command Prompt
Click on Run as administrator
[Linux*] Open Terminal with root privileges
Press CTRL + ALT + T
Type sudo su
Ensure the command line interface begins with # and not $; as this indicates user has root privileges
- List SSD information and take note of the Index number of the drive(s).
Type intelmas.exe show -intelssd
- Display SMART attributes for the drive using the Index number.
Type intelmas.exe show -nvmelog smarthealthinfo -intelssd <ssd_index>
Note Additional logs can be output for NVMe*/PCIe* drives by adding IncludeNVMeSmartHealthLog=true to the end of the command above
Copy-paste the screen scroll into a text file and provide this to support agents.
To learn how to read the SMART attributes information, refer to the following articles: