Steps to enable PXE boot in BIOS.
Enabling PXE boot on Intel® NUC systems is not successful. Is there a specific BIOS firmware version needed to enable PXE boot?
PXE boot, also known as Network Boot, is supported by all BIOS firmware versions on Intel® NUC products.
To enable the Network as a boot device:
- Press F2 during boot to enter BIOS setup
- Go to the Boot Menu (this may also be under the Advanced Settings depending on BIOS version)
- Select Boot Priority (or Boot Configuration) and uncheck Boot Network Devices Last
- Go to Network Boot and enable UEFI PXE & iSCSI
- Select either Ethernet1 Boot or Ethernet2 Boot
- Pressing the F12 key during POST automatically forces booting from the LAN.