Troubleshooting steps for Intel® Graphics performance issues.
Having issues with the Intel® Graphics Driver and System stability.
- Make sure that Windows is up to date.
- To check this, click on the Start button, and search for "Windows Updates."
- If you encounter a problem with updating to the latest version, contact Microsoft* Support for further assistance.
- For Laptops, Surfaces, built-in towers or All in One systems find the latest OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) drivers on Computer Manufacturer Support Websites.
- Update your driver using the Intel® Driver and Support Assistant, or manually download and install the latest driver from Download Center.
- Test different video cables, displays, and video ports.
- Change the refresh rate of the display.
- Go to the BIOS and load the default settings.
- To perform any BIOS changes contact the motherboard manufacturer.
- Ensure the RAM (Random Access Memory) is running at a speed supported by your motherboard and processor.
- Test the processor using the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool.