Explains symptoms, resolution, and expectations when the processor is drawing more voltage than expected in built-in systems
The processor is drawing more voltage than expected.
- Unexpected system shutdown
- Unintentional overclocking
- Performance issues, Blue Screen Errors (BSOD), or crashes
- Possibly overheating issue
The processor will never damage a motherboard because it consumes power based on voltage regulator of the motherboard.
Try the following steps:
- Disable overclocking features in the BIOS.
- Some high-end motherboards have jumpers that allow for higher CPU voltages for overclocking systems. Refer to your motherboard vendor for support.