Steps to disabling secure boot in BIOS to avoid this error message when booting Intel® NUC
- Unable to install OS and the error message comes up: Image authorization fail. System cannot boot to this device due to security violation.
- Screen went black during post unable to continue on booting OS
Disable secure boot in BIOS.
- During start up when the Intel NUC splash screen appears, press F2 key
- BIOS Setup (Visual BIOS) display appears
- Click Advanced, > Boot > Secure Boot tab
- Uncheck Secure Boot option.
- Press F10
- Select Yes to save this change
- Reboot the system
If you still encounter the same issue, contact Intel® Customer Support.