Troubleshooting steps to resolve artifacts issue with Intel Graphics.
- Experiencing artifacts after wake from “sleep” state.
- Cannot do anything and need to hard reboot.
- Experiencing artifacts after updating driver.
Try the following suggestions:
- Follow the guide below to uninstall and reinstall HD Graphics driver.
- Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
- Expand Display Adapter, right-click the Intel Graphics entry, and click Uninstall.
- On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click Delete the driver software for this device to delete the Intel HD Graphics driver, then click OK to start the uninstall process.
- When the uninstall process is complete, disconnect your computer from the internet and make sure it will not auto-connect on reboot. Restart your system.
- Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
- Open Device Manager
- Expand the Display adapters section.
- Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
Note The graphics entry may be "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"
- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are found.
- Click Next. Drivers are now being installed.
- Reboot your computer when prompted.
Alternatively, you can use Intel® Driver and Support Assistant to download and install the HD Graphics driver.
- Perform a system restore to a point when the artifacts were not present. Steps to perform a System Restore in Windows® 10:
- In the Search option located in the start menu type Restore
- Select Create a Restore Point from the search results.
- Click System Restore.
- Click Next after the initial Wizard screen.
- Select either Recommended restore point or Choose a different restore point if you have manually made previous backups.
- Select a restore point from the list of available options.
- Click Next to finish.
If you still encounter issue with HD Graphics driver after following the guides above, contact Intel® Customer Support or your device manufacturer.