Process to remove previously installed Intel® RST software from a system
Intel RST Premium RAID set in the BIOS and installed on the system. How can this be removed?
|It is recommended to first contact the OEM/system manufacturer for steps to eliminate the RAID (Intel® RST configuration) on the system.
To remove Intel RST management from a system the following must be done:
- Back up all data. After making changes below the system will no longer boot and the operating system will need to be reinstalled.
- Open the Intel RST application and disable any active volumes.
- Examples would be Intel® Optane™ memory volumes or RAID volumes
- Enter the BIOS with Del or F2 keys during the boot process.
- Locate the SATA or VMD Controller Management page.
- SATA: Change from RST Premium to AHCI.
- VMD: Change from VMD Enabled to Disabled.