This article provides steps to transfer Windows 10 Operating system from eMMC to SSD/HDD
Windows® 10 updates and patches are not getting installed on Intel® NUC Kits that have been bundled with 32 GB eMMC due to insufficient space.
To resolve this problem, you will need to clone Windows 10 eMMC data to a SSD/HDD using Macrium* software
- Download Macrium software
- Launch Macrium software and select Disk which needs to cloned(eMMC)
- Select "Clone this disk"
- In the wizard that opens Click "Select a disk to clone to…" option.
- Choose the 2.5" SSD/HDD
- Review Settings/Partitions and click Finish
Check for Cloning status:-
- Reboot NUC, Press F2 to Enter BIOS
- Disable eMMC in BIOS
- Select SSD/HDD as Primary Boot device
If the NUC boots with SSD/HDD Operating system image, You have successfully Cloned the Windows 10 image.
Ensure to delete/format Partition from eMMC memory
Once the direct disk cloning process is completed, there will be 2 instances of Windows® 10 operating system. The Windows 10 image from eMMC has to be removed manually by formatting the eMMC storage.