Troubleshooting steps for No video signal via Keyboard Video Mouse (KVM) launch console using Baseboard Management controller(BMC) Web console on Intel® Server Boards
Getting blank screen when KVM launch console is clicked for all server boards
- Check the BMC Settings and confirm all other features are working fine on BMC web console.
- Confirm if the RMM module is installed.
- Confirm if the latest Java Development Kit (JDK) is installed. If not suggest installing the latest version JDK.
- Check if the KVM launch console is working on a different system. If Yes, inform the customer the issue is with his client machine and he needs to check with the system admin for settings.
If No, follow the below steps.
- Power off the server and remove the Alternating Current (AC) power from the server board. Then remove and reinstall the RMM module on the server board.
The remote KVM session is available even when the server is powered off (in standby mode). No restart of the remote KVM session is required during a server reset or power on/off. A BMC reset – for example, due to a BMC watchdog-initiated reset or BMC reset after a BMC firmware update – does require the session to be re-established. KVM sessions persist across system reset, but not across an AC power loss.
- Login to the BMC web console and check if the KVM launch console works and if the customer is able to get KVM access.
Resolution: Unplug and re-plug the AC power supply to reset the KVM session and re-launch KVM
If the issue still persists, please contact Intel Support