Steps to follow when an Intel® Compute Stick is making noises.
There is a buzzing, clicking sound whenever the fan turns on.
- Inspect the Intel® Compute Stick to check if something is obstructing the air vents.
- Inspect for signs of physical damage
- Clean the radiators with compressed air.
- Undo any recent hardware or BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) changes that may be causing the issue.
- Check if the BIOS is up to date. The latest BIOS version can be found on the Intel® Download Center.
For instructions on how to update the BIOS check the BIOS Update and Recovery Instructions for Intel® Compute Sticks.