Server-oriented hints as to what to do when the second processor isn't found.
Only when using 2 CPUs, the second one isn't detected.
Error Code 8549 initially points to a major event, specifically identifying CPU1_DIMM_D1 as disabled. This event is indicated in the System Firmware Progress (Formerly POST Error) – Next Steps section of the corresponding System Event Log Troubleshooting Guide. Therefore, remove the disabled DIMM.
Try these other steps if either reseating or replacing the DIMM doesn't help:
- Ensure the BIOS/firmware is up to date by going to the Download Center.
- To clear the CMOS, refer to the Steps to clear CMOS using the jumper method section in How to Clear CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings.
- Load the BIOS default settings as follows:
- Restart the system into the BIOS by pressing F2 during POST.
- After you're inside the BIOS, press F9 to load the BIOS default settings.
- Reset any customized BIOS settings.
- Press F10 to save the changes and exit.