Troubleshooting steps for error code 28.
The Intel High Definition Audio is not working and the prompt reads (code 28).
According to Error codes in Device Manager in Windows, the drivers for this device are not installed.
Reinstall the device driver manually:
- From Start, search and select Device Manager.
- Right-click the device in the list.
- Select Uninstall from the dropdown menu.
- After the device is uninstalled, choose Action on the menu bar.
- Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the driver.
|Note||Make sure you have the latest driver installed from the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).|