How to configure the MSI* BIOS to set the Intel® Optane™ Memory
System is ready for Intel Optane™ but no module is detected.
To set Optane in BIOS:
- Shut down and boot into your BIOS.
- Press F7 to go to the advanced mode.
- Go to Settings\Boot\ Boot configuration and check the following option: Boot Mode Select = UEFI.
- Go to Settings\Advanvced\ Windows Os Configuration and make sure that the option that says Windows* 8.1/10 WHQL Support is enabled.
- Go to settings\SATA Configuration and check the following options: -SATA Mode: RAID/Optane™ Mode -M.2 Genie: Enabled -M.2_1 - RST PCIe Storage Remapping: Enabled.
Reinstall OS and configured BIOS with steps provided. Also reinstall the Intel Optane drivers.
To reset to non Optane:
- Open the BIOS.
- Go to Settings>> Advanced >>Intel Rapid Storage Technology.
- Select Intel PCIe (Optane module with serial number) >> Select Reset to non Optane.
- Save changes and boot to Windows* again.
- Open Optane application in order to enable again the Optane module.