Steps to install the latest version of the Intel® Management Engine driver.
Unable to install the Intel® Management Engine driver using the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (IDSA). Unable to re-write the existing version.
Make sure that the following configurations are set on the Intel® NUC Kit:
Confirm the latest BIOS is installed for your NUC system and load BIOS defaults. Here you can access the BIOS Update Instructions for Intel® NUC.
The BIOS will contain the latest firmware required for the latest Intel® Management Engine (ME) driver.
To install the latest version of the Intel® Management Engine:
- Go to Control Panel
- Click on Programs
- Click on Uninstall a program
- Select Intel Management Engine and uninstall it (uninstall all current versions if multiple are listed)
- Download the latest version of the Intel Management engine driver for your Intel® NUC system
- Install the new version
- If there is still an issue installing an updated Intel® Management Engine driver, go to the Device Manager and check the status for System Devices > Intel® Management Engine Interface.
- If there is a yellow bang and the status shows Code 10 (right-click and select Properties), there may be an issue with the operating system. If you are using a pre-existing image or clone, it is recommend to do a clean OS installation from Microsoft.
- If there is a yellow bang and the status shows Code 43 (right-click and select Properties), there may be a hardware issue, in that case contact Intel Customer Support.