The Intel® Server Board S2600CW Family supports eight DDR4 memory channels (four per processor socket) with two DIMMs per channel, which supports up to 16 DIMMs with dual-processor sockets with a maximum memory capacity of 1 terabyte with 64-GB DIMMs.
What are some memory integration tips I can use?
- The Intel® Server Board supports DDR4 ECC RDIMM/LRDIMM 1600/1866/2133/2400 memory technologies.
- The BLUE memory slots on the server board identify the first memory slot for a given memory channel.
- The memory channels from processor socket 1 are identified as Channel A, B, C, and D.
- The memory channels from processor socket 2 are identified as Channel E, F, G, and H.
- The memory slots associated with a given processor are unavailable if the corresponding processor socket isn't populated.
- A processor may be installed without populating the associated memory slots provided a second processor is installed with associated memory. In this case, the memory is shared by the processors. However, the platform suffers performance degradation and latency due to the remote memory.
- Refer to the Integrated Memory Controller (IMC) and Memory Subsystem section in the Intel® Server Board S2600CW system Technical Product Specification. This section provides you with more details, including supported memory specifications.
|Note||The following configurations are not validated, supported, or recommended: |