How to troubleshoot when the system does not detect the DRAM memory installed.
The system does not detect the DRAM memory that is installed.
Some client boards might have LED errors lights indicating memory issues. Beep codes can also indicate memory issues. Refer to your motherboard documentation for information on the error indications.
Steps to troubleshoot memory issue:
- Use memory module that is recommended for your processor.
- Check memory specification on the product specification page (ARK) after entering processor number in the search box.
- Place the memory module in one channel only
- Consult the motherboard vendor on the memory configuration on your motherboard.
- Boot the system.
- If there is still an issue, try another known working memory module and place it in the same channel.
- If the system boots, then the first memory module is confirmed to be faulty. You will need to replace it.
- If a second module is installed and not detected, please refer to your motherboard vendor documentation.
- Try also to load the default setting for the BIOS, or update to the latest BIOS.