Your wireless adapter doesn't require the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software on Windows® 10. As such, we don't recommend installing the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software on Windows® 10 unless you meet the criteria outlined in the exceptions below.
Starting with release version 20.120 on Windows® 10, a driver-only installation package is provided on Download Center.
The Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and its supported features have evolved (or have been deprecated) over the years and across different Windows Operating System(OS) versions.On Windows® 10 the Intel PROSet/Wireless Software supports the following features:
- IT Administrator tools
- Cisco* Compatible Extensions (CCX) for enterprise security. (no longer included in Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software version 20.90 and later)
- Application Programmable Interface (API) set for system manufacturer to create applications that interacts with the Wi-Fi adapter and platform.
- "Profile Sync" optional functionality (only applicable with Intel® vPro™ systems).
If you fall into one of the following two user categories:
- Your system manufacturer pre-installed the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software on your system.
- You're an IT administrator who needs one or more of the above mentioned features.
We recommend that you get the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software from your system manufacturer, however, you may also get the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software from the IT Administrator Download.