Intel vPro® Platform Overview
The Intel vPro® platform is a set of hardware, technologies, and solutions that form the building blocks for business computing. System manufacturers combine these building blocks with their own expertise to deliver computing endpoints that are built-for-business.
The Intel vPro platform provides unique value to every segment of the computing ecosystem:
- For business PC users, the Intel vPro platform provides a premium computing experience, enabling high productivity in the workplace.
- For businesses, the Intel vPro platform provides flexible management, hardware-enhanced security, and improved stability. These bring confidence, peace of mind, and control over computing infrastructure.
- For system manufacturers, the Intel vPro platform becomes a framework for developing and delivering business-optimized computing to the marketplace.
- For service providers, the Intel vPro platform offers mechanisms for adding value to PC deployment and infrastructure management services.
- For software developers, the Intel vPro platform provides numerous opportunities to enhance business solutions with hardware-hardened capabilities.
Intel vPro® Platform Benefits
Reduce latency, enable multitasking, and boost performance.
Help defend your business with hardware-enhanced security.
Get remote maintenance, wireless manageability, and out-of-band capabilities.
Manage endpoint lifecycle complexities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click or the question for details:
How do I enable/disable the Intel vPro platform?Some specific technologies in the Intel vPro platform can be enabled or disabled, such as Intel® Active Management Technology.
How do I know if the Intel® processor is eligible for Intel® vPro® platform?
To find out if your processor is eligible for Intel® vPro platform, follow the steps below:
- Visit the product specifications page.
- Enter the processor number in the search box located in the upper right corner.
- Click to navigate to the processor specification page.
- Click the Security & Reliability section, located on the left side. You can also scroll down for the Security & Reliability section.
- Check the Intel® vPro® Platform Eligibility field. If it is set to Yes, the processor is eligible for this technology.
|Note||Processors that are Intel vPro eligible are one component of Intel vPro platform. Check with your OEM and/or motherboard vendor for a complete Intel vPro platform system.|
Where do I find more information about the Intel vPro platform?
View more details on Intel® vPro™ Platform.
How do I know my laptop supports the Intel vPro platform?
Contact your original equipment manufacturer for details on Intel® vPro™ platform support in your computer.
|Intel® vPro™ Platform|
|Intel® vPro™ for NUC Products|