The Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application/user interface is a Microsoft Store* app. It provides users monitoring and management capabilities for the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) storage subsystem. It also provides the support for all Intel® Optane™ memory features including File, Folder, and Application pinning.
System Requirements to use this application and related capabilities:
- The application is only available in the Microsoft Store*.
- System must have Windows® 10 1803 or later. Admin privileges required.
- Intel® RST driver must be installed already (Version 17.2.x or later recommended)
Note It is always recommended to use the latest Intel® RST driver. You can keep updated with the Intel® Driver and Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) which will notify you of new available versions.
- Acceleration with Intel® Optane memory: See details about the requirements in the Installation Guide.
- RAID capabilities (not related to Intel® Optane™ memory).
In some operating system versions, this error may occur when the application is not ‘Run as Administrator’. To run the application as Administrator:
- Press the Windows key and locate the application (this may be under the Intel folder).
- Right-click the application.
- Select More in the drop over menu.
- Select Run as Administrator in the resulting menu
The application is organized into five main areas by the navigation buttons along the left pane: Manage, Create Volume, Intel® Optane™ Memory, Performance, Settings and About.
Manage: Gives a graphical overview of the current status of the storage subsystem of the computer. It will display only those items that are controlled (remapped) by the Intel® RST driver. The following are displayed:
- Pass-through SATA and PCIe* disks
- Empty SATA ports
- RAID volumes
- Intel® Optane™ memory volumes
You can click each of the objects listed above to display more detailed information and actions associated with each item.
Create Volume: Allows the user to create RAID (not related to Intel® Optane™ memory) volumes. Depending on the RAID level, the following actions are available:
- Disk Selection
- Selection to reserve data on one disk
- Volume size (select a percentage to create a matrix array: 2 volumes)
- Data strip size
- Enable write back cache on the volume
- Name the volume
Intel® Optane™ Memory: Allows for the management of system acceleration with Intel® Optane™ memory. How to use this portion of the application to enable/disable and accelerate with pinning is the same as covered in the Installation Guide.
|Note||In the image below, the Pinning pages are grayed out as this requires a 32GB capacity media|
Performance: Allows for the enablement/disablement of Link Power Management (LPM) of SATA devices (not related to Intel® Optane™ memory).
Settings: The user can use this tab to change Windows notification settings for the Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application.
|Note||Automatic rebuild on hot plug option is only related to RAID volumes and not Intel® Optane™ memory volumes.|