Steps to resolve Intel® SSD issue with access and file system.
Windows* tried to update the system without noticing, and it failed. The system crashed and couldn't be rebooted, and the drive could only be identified as a RAW format.
Unable to clean and format the Intel® SSD drive using Diskpart.
Follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
- Run Check Disk from a command line to fix disk
- Click the magnifying glass next to Start button, type cmd.
- On the command window, type chkdskx:/f, where x is the hard disk to be repaired and click Enter.
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding to below steps, make sure you have backed up the data. The following steps are DATA DESTRUCTIVE.
- Remove partition with Disk Management
- Right-click Start , select Disk Management.
- On the upper pane of Disk Management, right-click the RAW disk volume, select Delete Volume.
- After deleting the volume, the drive will become Unallocated. Follow the steps to create and format a new partition.
- Perform a secure erase on the drive. Refer to the links below for doing a low level format:
- Update the SSD firmware to the latest version.
- If the issue persists, contact Intel Customer Support for assistance