With the latest Intel® Optane™ memory and Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) applications, versions 16.x or later, the Secondary/Data drive can be accelerated with Intel Optane memory modules.
- For processor/chipset support requirements, see Software and Platform Support for Intel® Optane™ Memory.
- Drives that are Type Dynamic aren't supported. Drive must be in Type Basic as seen in Disk Management (Windows logo + x and select Disk Management).
- Secondary drive must be a SATA drive and be formatted with a GPT partition.
Note The system drive (the one that contains the operating system) can be a SATA or NVMe drive.
- Intel Optane memory-enabled motherboard with the Intel® RST Pre-OS UEFI Driver version 16.x or later. Consult your motherboard vendor for the proper system BIOS version for this support.
- Statistics will only be displayed when accelerating a System drive.
- Systems with two bootable drives—that is, one drive with one OS and another drive with a second OS—aren't a supported configuration, and results can't be guaranteed.
All additional system requirements and BIOS settings are the same as noted in the Installation Guide.
With this additional capability, the applications now provide an option to select which drive to accelerate. You can see in the images below how this option will be provided in the applications with System in the title of the system drive.
Determine which application is right for you.