Intel® Optane™ Memory is a system acceleration solution for the new 7th Gen Intel® Core™ processor-based platforms or later. This solution uses Intel® Optane™ Technology, based on 3D XPoint™ memory media, along with the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) driver. It accelerates slower SATA-based storage devices like HDD, SSHD, or SATA SSD.
This guide includes information on how to:
- Set up and configure Intel Optane memory.
- Install the Intel Optane memory module and Intel RST driver.
- Enable and disable via the Intel Optane memory user interface.
- Enable and disable via the Intel RST user interface.
- Troubleshoot issues.
This guide does NOT include information on how to:
- Use the Pinning Feature with Intel® RST 16.5 drivers or later. To see more information about this capability, see Pinning a File, Folder or Application for System Acceleration with Intel® Optane™ Memory.
Intel® Optane™ Memory Installation and User Guide (PDF)
File name: intel-optane-memory-user-installation.pdf
Size: 3.19 MB
Date: September 2017
Note: PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader*
|Note||Secondary/Data drive acceleration: |