Troubleshooting steps for error message: Intel® Rapid Storage Technology service is not running.
What to do if the "...service is not running", Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) related message pops up? Do I need to reinstall the driver?
There are two possible solutions for this issue:
Solution One – Reset the Startup Intel® RST Service
- On the keyboard, press the Windows + R keys together to open a Run box. Then, type services.msc in the box and press Enter.
- In the new window, find and right-click on Intel® Rapid Storage Technology. Choose Properties.
- Choose the General tab. Then, set the Startup type to be Automatic and click OK to save the setting.
Solution Two – Update the Intel® RST driver
Part 1: Uninstalling the current Intel® RST driver
- Press Windows + X keys.
- Select Device Manager.
- Find and expand the Disk drives catalog.
- Right-click on Intel® Rapid Storage Technology and choose Uninstall device.
If you receive an error when trying to uninstall, check that all the Intel® RST services are stopped before trying again. The IAStorUI.exe, IAStorIcon.exe, IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe, iaStorA.sys, relate to the Intel® RST monitor service.
Part 2: Installing new Intel® RST driver
If you are using an Original Equipment Manufacturer system, such as a Laptop or Prebuilt PC, download the latest RST driver for the system from the Original Equipment Manufacturer website.
- Go to the Intel Download Center and download the latest Intel® RST version.
- On the following open page, find and click on SetupRST.exe.
- When it completes downloading, double-click the .exe file to install the driver.