For this example, the adapter used is the Intel® Ethernet Connection X722 and Windows Server* 2016 as the base operating system.
- Download the driver package for your operating system. Driver and Software List
- The EXE is a self-extracting compressed file and you can double-click the EXE you downloaded to automatically install the drivers and PROSet software. For manual installation, continue to step 3.
- Use your favorite Zip software to extract the files from the installation package you downloaded (either PROWinx64.exe or PROWinx32.exe) to a temporary location. Example: C:\Temp\PROWinx64
- Open Device Manager. Right-click Start and click Device Manager or run devmgmt.msc.
- Right-click the connection you want to update and choose Update Driver Software. If there is no driver installed for that device, it will show up with a yellow exclamation and have a generic name such as Ethernet Controller.
- Choose Browse my computer for driver software:
- Click Browse and go to the folder where you extracted the driver files. Make sure that Include subfolders is checked so that it will scan the entire driver set.
- Click Next and it will start to install the driver software. After installation is complete, it will show in the network adapters section.
- Continue with the same process for any other adapters you want to update by selecting the adapter from the list.
|Windows® 10 Support for Intel® Ethernet Adapters|
|Webpacks Available for Intel® Ethernet Adapters|
|Supported Operating Systems for Retail Intel® Ethernet Adapters|
|Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Ethernet Controllers (LOM)|