|Note||Intel® Embedded Server RAID Technology 2 (Intel® ESRT2) is only supported when using the UEFI boot mode for Intel Server Board S2600WF/BP/ST families.|
What am I seeing?
While installing the RAID driver, you receive the following error:
No new devices could be found. Make sure the driver files are correct and are on the driver installation media.
What's contained in my environment?
- All Intel® Server Systems and Intel® Server Boards using Intel® Embedded Server RAID Technology 2
- Windows* family operating systems
You can see this issue with any Windows OS installation where the Intel® Embedded Server RAID Technology 2 (Intel® ESRT2) RAID driver is required for the Intel® Server Board.
How to fix it:
The error message is expected because the OS is not able to detect the RAID Volume because the ESRT2 RAID driver is not loaded. Proceed with the following steps:
- Create onboard, ESRT2 RAID where the hard disk drives (HDDs) are connected and initialize the RAID volume for fresh OS installation. If you need more information to proceed with this step, refer to the Software User Guide for Intel® ESRT2 page.
- Download the ESRT2 driver for Windows
- Unzip the file and copy the driver files to a removable media, such as USB flash drive or CD-ROM.
- Restart the system into the BIOS and check that the RAID volume is set to boot device #1 under the Boot Options menu.
- Save the changes and exit the BIOS.
- Boot to the OS installation media and follow the operating system installation instructions. When you get to see the Where do you want to install Windows section, hit the Load Driver button to search for the ESRT2 driver on the previously mentioned USB flash drive or CD-ROM.
- At this point, you should be able to see the RAID volume. Therefore, create the partition and proceed to install the OS.