Intel® Compute Stick BIOS version 0028 has a new beta feature: support for Bluetooth* keyboards during POST and within BIOS Setup. To get this function, pair your Bluetooth keyboard with your Intel® Compute Stick at the BIOS level. This pairing process is separate from pairing after the operating system loads.
Pair a Bluetooth keyboard
After you update the BIOS to version 0028 or later, pair a Bluetooth keyboard with the Intel Compute Stick.
Press and hold down the power button for three seconds, then release it.
The Bluetooth pairing prompt displays for 10 seconds.
Press the pairing button on the Bluetooth keyboard while this prompt displays.
After pairing is complete, the Power Button Menu displays, showing the Bluetooth connection status.
You can now use the Bluetooth keyboard to press function keys:
- During POST
- On the Power Button Menu
- Within BIOS Setup
After you pair a Bluetooth keyboard to an Intel® Compute Stick, you're prompted to press any key on the Bluetooth keyboard to reconnect upon reboot or power on.
Click or the topic for details:
The following Bluetooth keyboards have been tested
The following Bluetooth keyboards have been tested.
|Keyboard Manufacturer||Model||Test Results|
|JHMELEC Technology Co., Ltd.*||B84||Pass1, 2|
|Perixx Computer GmbH*||Periboard 805L||Pass1|
1 Bluetooth connectivity might be lost during POST when you restart the operating system (warm reboot). To resolve this issue, shut down the computer completely, then turn it back on.
2 Updating BIOS using the F7 key with this keyboard is slower than with other keyboards.
3 Bluetooth pairing appears in the Power Button Menu but fails to reconnect. Intel is investigating this issue.
To remove a paired Bluetooth keyboard
- Connect a USB wired or wireless keyboard to the Intel Compute Stick.
- Start the computer and press F2 when prompted to enter BIOS Setup.
- Use the arrow key on the keyboard to go to the Configuration page.
- Select Bluetooth Configuration, then Device List.
- Select the paired keyboard and the list and press Enter. The Device Removal dialog box appears.
- Press Y on the keyboard to remove the keyboard from the Device List.
- Press F10 to save and exit BIOS Setup.