|Caution ||Failure to read this message may result in system instability. |
The new drivers labeled as Windows DCH graphics drivers are not backward compatible with our previous graphics drivers, which we are now labeling Legacy.
DO NOT use the steps referenced in this article to install or uninstall Windows DCH drivers, as doing so bypasses the Intel installer designed to install these new drivers, thereby possibly resulting in minor to major system instability.
You can restore the previous driver by using the rollback option.
- Open Device Manager, click Start > Control Panel > Device Manager
- Expand Display Adapters
- Double-click on your Intel® display device
- Select the Driver tab
- Click Roll Back Driver to restore
If the option to roll back driver is grayed-out, one of the following applies:
- Your computer has not had a previous driver installed for that device.
- Your computer did not retain the driver files from the original version installed.