|Caution ||Failure to read this message may result in system instability. |
The new drivers labeled as Windows DCH graphics drivers are not backward compatible with our previous graphics drivers, which we are now labeling Legacy. This means that if you later want to revert or "roll back" to a Legacy driver, you will need to uninstall the driver using only the Windows Apps and Features method, and reboot the system before installing the Legacy driver. Failure to do so may result in minor to major system instability.
DO NOT use the steps referenced in this article to install or uninstall Windows DCH drivers, as doing so bypasses the Intel installer designed to install these new drivers, thereby possibly resulting in minor to major system instability.
- Open Device Manager, click Start > Control Panel > Device Manager
- Expand Display Adapters
- Double-click on your Intel® display device
- Select the Driver tab
- Click Roll Back Driver to restore
If the option to roll back driver is grayed-out, one of the following applies:
- Your computer has not had a previous driver installed for that device.
- Your computer did not retain the driver files from the original version installed.