This Intel® Storage System Software User Manual covers SAN/iQ software revision 6.6 or later for the Intel® Storage System SSR212MA. Refer to the Software User Manual for software versions earlier than version 6.6.
The Console is used to configure and manage storage volumes spanning clustered Storage System Modules (SSMs). After you have installed your SSMs and have installed the Console on the system administrator's PC, you must take certain steps to prepare for creating storage clusters and volumes.
The Console is the storage administrator's tool for:
- Configuring and managing the SSM
- Creating and managing clusters and volumes
This user manual provides instructions for installing the Console, configuring individual SSMs, as well as creating volumes that span a cluster of multiple SSMs. Topics in this manual include the following:
- Installing the Console
- Configuring individual SSMs by:
- Configuring monitoring and reporting
- Creating volumes that span a cluster of SSMs by:
- Creating management groups and clusters
- Creating volumes that span multiple SSMs
- Controlling client access to volumes
- Creating and using snapshots of volume
Intel® Storage System Software User Manual for SAN/iQ version 6.6 (PDF)
File name: D26451_004 SSR212MA SoftwareUserManual.pdf
Size: 4.33 MB
Date: February 2007
File revision: 4.0
Note: PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader*.