The Server Configuration Wizard (SCW) is a combination of multiple utilities and data files that allow quick initial configuration of an Intel® Server.
The SCW utility is available on the Intel® Server Deployment Toolkit CD or Software & Drivers Section of each Server Board which can be used to boot the server. SCW is a DOS-based application, run from the CD's ROM-DOS, that gathers system information plus installation and configuration preferences, stores them to non-volatile memory, and then performs the Server Configuration. The Wizard will appear as a Windows-style GUI to help the user choose which options to configure from this tool.
SCW can also run in 'silent' mode using a previously saved server configuration file from removable media (formatted fat16).
- Load FRUs and SDRs (Field Replaceable Units and Sensor Data Records)
- Create startup diskette and installation diskettes for drivers
- Allow utilities to be run separately by expert users
- Set the:
- System Asset Tag - LAN, Serial, and Advanced LAN Channels
- OOB (Out of band) management settings - for Server Management without using the OS
- Intel® Management Module (IMM) Advanced Features
- User configurations for Advanced Features
- BIOS System date and time Beyond date/time, SCW neither installs nor updates the BMC or BIOS
- Help and error messages are provided throughout the process
User's Guide for Server Configuration Wizard (SCW) Utility
File name: D1793702.pdf
Size: 342,799 bytes
Date: August 2005
File Revision: D17937-002
Note: PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader*