Information on how the Intel® Deployment Assistant ISO image is transferred to a bootable USB device by running a script under Linux*.
What are the requirements?
- Intel® Deployment Assistant ISO image for the supported Intel® Server Board or Intel® Server System
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux* 4.0 system
- usbrecord.sh script from the CD
- A USB device that is sized 350MB or more
What steps do I take to complete the image transfer?
- Place the iso image and the usbrecord.sh onto the Linux* system.
- Run the following command to make the script executable: # chmod +x usbrecord.sh
- Connect the USB key to the system. Do not mount any of its partitions.
- Run the fdisk –l command to ensure the disk is detected by Linux.
- Type the following command to make the USB key bootable containing the Intel® Deployment Assistant only:
- iso image file name is S5000XVN_D55595-006.
- USB device is at /dev/sda1.