The table lists tested operating systems for the Intel® Server Board S4600LH Family and Intel® Server System R2000LH2/LT2 Family. Operating systems not listed are not supported.
|Type of testing
|Microsoft Windows Server 2012*
Compatibility and Stress
Intel provides support for customers that have issues with the operating systems involving installation and/or functionality of the server board. Support is provided, regardless if adapters and peripherals were tested under the operating system.
|Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R21/R2 SP1 with Hyper-v x64 and EFI
|Microsoft Windows Server 2008* SP2 with Hyper-v x64
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2* with KVM x64
|SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11* SP2 with KVM x64
|Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP2 with Hyper-v x32
Intel provides and tests operating system drivers for each of the server board integrated controllers, provided that the controller vendor has a driver available on request. Intel does not require vendors to develop drivers for operating systems they do not already support. Functionality of certain server board integrated controllers can be limited.
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 with KVM x32
|SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2 with KVM x32
|VMware* ESXi 5.0
|VMware* ESX 4.1 Update 2
|Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2* SP2 x64 and x32
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5* Update 8 with Xen and KVM, 32-bit and 64-bit
|SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10* SP4 with Xen, 32-bit and 64-bit
|Sun Solaris 10* U9
Intel does not provide technical support for the open source operating systems listed. Contact the related open source community for support.
1Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2* testing and certification extends support to the following editions:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 for Embedded systems (Standard)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 for Embedded systems (Enterprise)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Foundation
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter
- Microsoft Windows Web Server* 2008 R2
- Microsoft Windows HPC Server* 2008 R2
- Microsoft Windows Essential Business Server* 2008
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server* 2011 (uses Windows Server 2008 R2 drivers)
|Microsoft WHQL information
|Linux and UNIX certification test submission report