You may notice the system responds slowly after installing an on-board video driver in Windows 7*.
- When moving the mouse or opening a new window, there may be a delay of 2 or 3 seconds
- New windows may open slowly, or haltingly
- Intel® Server Board S1200BTS
- Intel® Server Board S3420GPV
- Intel® Server System R1304BTSSFAN and P4304BTSSFCN
What is the cause?
The Intel boards and systems affected use an on-board SM712 video chip. The SM712 is a 2D video chip and does not have 3D acceleration capability. This forces Windows 7* to use the CPU to draw window rectangles and video.
How to fix it:
To resolve this, disable the hardware acceleration on the system:
- Right-click the desktop and choose Screen resolution
- In the Screen resolution window, click Advanced settings
- In the Generic PnP Monitor and Silicon motion LynxEM+ properties pop-up window, click Troubleshoot tab
- Click Change settings
- Set Hardware acceleration to None and click OK