How do I upgrade the firmware?
- Download the latest firmware for Extensible Firmware Interface* (EFI*) from the support site.
- Unzip the package and copy all files to a folder on a USB device.
- Insert the USB device to the server/workstation USB port.
- Boot the server to the EFI shell.
- Run the map -r command in EFI shell to map USB device.
- Run the fs0: command to change folder to USB device. USB device can also map to fs1:. The number of the fs# is dependent on the result of the map -r command.
- Change the folder to the folder storing the firmware package.
- Run the startup.nsh command to start updating all the firmware and BIOS.
How do I verify that the upgrade finished?
- During POST, press F2 when prompted to access the BIOS Setup Utility.
- Press F9 to load BIOS Defaults.
- At the Main menu, verify the BIOS revision.
- Click Server Management > System Information and press Enter.
- Verify the BMC firmware revision.
- Verify the SDR revision.
- Verify the ME firmware revision.
- Press F10 to save and exit.