|Don't return custom lids, or any other custom functional components.
Intel depots aren't equipped to screen for custom lids or components, and cannot return these items to you.
See below to remove customized lids when you return Intel® NUCs for warranty replacement.
Click or the topic for details:
Standard Warranty Replacement (SWR)
Scenario 1: The Intel® NUC has a non-functional custom lid, such as a lid with a different color, or one that has a log.
- Remove the customized lid and keep it.
- If you have the original lid, attach it to the Intel NUC before returning it.
- If you don't have the original lid, return the Intel NUC without a lid.
- Apply a strip of tape across the power button and HDD LED lens to keep them in place during shipping. See image below.
- The replacement unit ships with a standard lid. You can now install a customized lid on the new unit.
Scenario 2: Intel NUC has a functional custom lid. A functional custom lid provides space for TV tuner, NFC module, or other types of devices.
- Remove the custom lid, power button, and HDD LED lens, and keep them. Also keep any special functional components, such as modules or cables.
- If you have the original lid, power button, and HDD LED lens, attach these items to the Intel NUC before returning it.
- If you don't have these original items, return the Intel NUC without them.
- The replacement unit ships with a standard lid. You can now install the custom parts on the new unit.
Advanced Warranty Replacement (AWR)
Scenario: Intel NUC has a custom lid, either non-functional (cosmetic) or functional.
- The replacement unit ships with a standard lid.
- You can swap the lids, power button, and HDD LED lens between the defective and replacement units.
- Return the defective unit, that now has the standard parts.
|Am I eligible for SWR or AWR?