Intel Boxed Desktop Processors can be sold as a retail box to end users who want to build their own desktop PCs.
To find third-party motherboards that are compatible with Intel Boxed Processors, use the Intel® Product Compatibility Tool and select the Desktop and Workstation Processors option.
Find compatible motherboards for Intel Desktop Processors
- Identify your processor number or note the processor you need to look up.
- Go to Desktop and Workstation Processors. You will find a list of Intel processor families such as Intel® Core™ X, Intel® Core™ (i9, i7,i5, and i3), Pentium®, and Celeron®.
- Select desired processor family.
- If your processor is Intel® Core™
- Use the Brand identifier, such as i9, i7, i5, or i3.
- Choose from the list the family (example: 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i9 Processors).
- Look up the processor. (You can search the list with Ctrl + F.)
- If your processor is Intel® Pentium or Celeron
- Click Intel® Pentium® or Intel® Celeron® family
- Choose the processor you need from the list and click Select.
A list of compatible motherboards will be displayed. See the example below.