This content is for Intel® PROSet for wired Intel® Ethernet Adapters and network connections. For wireless connection software, see Learn about Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software.
The Intel® PROSet for Windows* Device Manager is an extension for Windows Device Manager. When you install the Intel PROSet software, tabs are automatically added to the supported Intel® Adapters in Windows Device Manager. These features allow you to test and configure wired Intel® Ethernet Adapters.
Click on the topics to expand the content:
Where can I get Intel® PROSet software?
- Download Center has packages combining the latest drivers and Intel® PROSet software.
- Each package includes drivers and software for one Windows version.
- Drivers for multiple adapters are included in each download package.
- Not every adapter is supported in each version of Windows.
Facts about Intel® PROSet for Windows* Device Manager
- Provides extra services such as Help topics, adapter diagnostics, and boot agent settings.
- Integrated into the Windows* Device Manager adapter properties.
- Configure adapter settings using the properties tabs in Windows Device Manager.
- Required when Intel® Advanced Networking Services (Intel® ANS) for teaming and VLAN configuration is installed.
- Does not exist as a separate application.
- No Control Panel or Windows system tray icon exists.
- Use the Link Speed tab for diagnostics, link speed and duplex configuration, and for identifying information about your Intel® Ethernet device.
How do I access Windows Device Manager?
To access Windows Device Manager in Windows 2000*, Windows XP*, or Windows Server 2003*:
- Go to the Start menu, and right-click My Computer.
- Click Properties.
- Click Hardware tab.
- Click Device Manager.
To access Windows Device Manager in Windows 7*, Windows Vista*, Windows Server 2008*, or Windows Server 2008 R2:
- Go to the Start menu, and right-click Computer.
- Click Properties.
- In the left column, click Device Manager.
To access Windows Device Manager in Windows 8*, Windows Server 2012*:
- From the Windows start screen type Device Manager.
- In the search screen on the right, click or tap Settings.
- In the search results, click or tap Device Manager.
- Right-click the Start button
- Click Device Manager
How do I get help with adapter settings?
Click any setting to display the associated help information.
|Note||Help is displayed only if Intel® PROSet for Windows Device Manager is installed.|
Do I need Intel® PROSet Software?
Installation of Intel® PROSet for Windows Device Manager is optional. Intel® PROSet Software must be installed if you want to use Intel® Advanced Networking Services (Intel® ANS).
What version of Intel® PROSet Software do I have installed?
The Intel® PROSet Software version is visible in Windows Device Manager. Go to network adapter properties and click the Link Speed tab as shown in the figure here.
|How do I use Teaming with Intel® Advanced Networking Services (Intel® ANS)?|