Before proceeding to uninstall your driver, review the reasons for uninstalling listed below. In addition to the information below, the Installation_Readme.txt that came with your driver download contains more detailed instructions for uninstalling your Intel® Display HDMI/Audio Driver.
Reasons for uninstalling an Intel® Display HDMI/Audio Driver
- A technical support representative prompts you, as part of troubleshooting an issue.
- Your last driver installation didn't complete successfully, or ran into errors.
- A previous driver had better functionality for your specific needs.
Note If your computer is connected to the Internet, the Windows Update tool may attempt to automatically install the latest drivers. If you encounter this situation, temporarily disconnect your device from the Internet after downloading the desired driver, and don't reconnect until you have finished installing the driver.
|Note||The Intel Display Audio driver is packaged with the Intel graphics driver.|
Uninstalling the Intel® Display Audio Driver or the Intel® HDMI Audio Driver via the Device Manager Method
For a quick review of the steps outlined in the video, read the points below.
- Open the Device Manager, using the steps provided for your operating system.
- Windows 7*: Click Start, at the run prompt type: devmgmt.msc
- Windows 8.1*, Windows® 10, and Windows 11*: Press the Windows key and the X key together, select Device Manager.
- Expand the Sound, video and game controllers section.
- Find and right-click Intel Display Audio or Intel HDMI Display Audio.
- Select Uninstall.
- After the uninstall process finishes, restart the computer.
If you are looking to install a driver after uninstalling the previous driver, see How to Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 & Windows 11*.