Before proceeding to uninstall your driver, review the reasons for uninstalling listed below. In addition to the information below, the Installation_Readme.txt that came with your driver download contains more detailed instructions for uninstalling your Intel® Display HDMI/Audio Driver.
Reasons for uninstalling an Intel® Display HDMI/Audio Driver
- A technical support representative prompts you, as part of troubleshooting an issue.
- Your last driver installation didn't complete successfully, or ran into errors.
- A previous driver had better functionality for your specific needs.
|Note||The Intel Display Audio driver is packaged with the Intel® graphics driver.|
Uninstalling the Intel® Display Audio Driver or the Intel® HDMI Audio Driver via the Device Manager Method
For a quick review of the steps outlined in the video, read the points below.
- Disconnect from the internet to make sure the driver will not be automatically updated by Windows*.
- Open the Device Manager, using the steps provided for your operating system.
- Windows 7*: Click Start, at the run prompt type: devmgmt.msc
- Windows 8.1*, Windows® 10, and Windows 11*: Press the Windows key and the X key together, and select Device Manager.
- Expand the Sound, video and game controllers section.
- Find and right-click Intel Display Audio or Intel HDMI Display Audio.
- Select Uninstall.
- After the uninstall process finishes, restart the computer.
- If the Intel Display Audio or Intel HDMI Display Audio does not fully uninstall, repeat steps 2 through 4.
If you are looking to install a driver after uninstalling the previous driver, see How to Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 & Windows 11*.
|Note||If you don't have Intel Display Audio or Intel HDMI Display Audio, contact your computer manufacturer for more information on how to uninstall the audio driver for your system.|