The Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool or Intel® PDT is a downloadable software that installs in your PC in order to:
- Verify the functionality of all the cores of Intel® Processor.
- Check for the brand identification.
- Verify the processor operating frequency.
- Test specific processor features.
- Perform a stress test on the processor.
Download the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool.
How to test Intel® Processor
Once installed, the Intel® PDT starts testing the processor using the default configuration. Two windows might appear to show the test is in progress.
When the Intel® PDT completes, the testing status will display either a PASS or FAIL.
Alternatively, you can open or save the test results file every time after the test run by clicking on file > view results file, file, then, save as to any location you specify.
Configuring test for Intel® PDT
You can configure the tool, by going to tools > config > Edit. You will get a note about the effect of changing Intel® PDT parameters from the default configuration. The results and config become editable. Click start to begin the test.
Pre-set Configuration of Intel® PDT
To run Intel® PDT from preset configuration go to tools > config > preset. You have three preset choices listed below, click Start Test to start any of these tests:
- Quick Test: Sets all Intel® PDT features to disabled. Run Genuine Intel, Brand String, and Frequency Test.
- Functional Test: Enables all Intel® PDT features and runs Intel® PDT stress test for minutes. This is the default Intel® PDT setting.
- Burn-in Test: Enables all Intel® PDT features and runs Intel® PDT stress test for 120 minutes. You may also turn on looping with this Burn-In setting.
Display the Instruction Set Extensions supported in the processor.
|Note||Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool is supported for Windows.There are no Linux* or macOS* versions of the Intel® PDT.|
You can get more details on how to use the utility by clicking on About > Help to view the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool Help Documentation file.
|Intel® Processor installation support|
|Intel® Desktop Processor support resources|